Following points to be kept in mind while handling oxygen & fuel gas cylinders:-
- If cylinder are unloaded from truck manually a strong wooden ramp shall be used.
- Cylinder may be moved by tilting and rolling them on their bottom edges; dragging and sliding shall be avoided. When cylinder transported on a hand truck, they shall be secured in position. Cylinder shall not dropped or struck, nor shall they be permitted to strike each other violently.
- Valve protection cap shall not use for tilting cylinders. Valve protection caps are designed to protect cylinder valve from damage.
- Cylinder valves shall be closed before moving cylinders.
- Cylinder valves shall be closed when work is completed.
- Valves of empty cylinders shall also be kept closed.
- Cylinder shall be kept sufficiently far away from the actual welding or cutting operation so that sparks, hot slag or flames might not reach them.
- Cylinder shall not be placed where they might become part of an electric circuit or earthing layout.
- Cylinder shall never be used as a roller or supports, whether ‘full’ or ‘empty’.
- The number & marking stamped on cylinder shall not be tempered.
- Empty cylinder shall be marked ‘empty’.
- No one shall tempered the safety devices provided in cylinder or valves.
- When transporting cylinders by a crane or derrick, a cradle shall be used. Slings or electric magnets shall not be used for this purpose.
- Cylinder Trolley or Hand carts shall be used to shift a set of oxygen & Fuel gas Cylinder along with their accessories.
- Never allow to falling of cylinder during unloading.
Published by : EHS CIRCLE INDIA